SuschemNL is the Dutch Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry and the national link to the European Technology Platform SusChem. It is organized through ChemistryNL. The research & innovation strategy and focus is determined by the programme councils of ChemistryNL, while tactical issues are handled by a core team of stakeholder representatives (see below). The activities are organised in conjunction with the ChemistryNL Office.
SuschemNL aims to intensify European collaboration of Dutch companies and knowledge institutes in the field of Sustainable Chemistry. We provide input and align activities related to chemical research and innovation actions in Europe through ETP Suschem with activities in The Netherlands through ChemistryNL. Instrumental for these actions are Europe’s Stategic Research and Innovation Agenda’s, Horizon Europe funding programme, Green Deal and Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability.
In 2050, The Netherlands will:
1) be the country of green and sustainable chemistry
2) be in the top-3 of producers of smart materials with high added value and smart solutions, and
3) provide high-quality frontier-expanding academic research.
We will achieve this by intense European collaboration between private companies, research institutes and governmental agencies.
- Support for EU proposals by RVO
- European policy lobby through ETP Suschem.
- Aligning European Strategic Agenda (SIRA) with Dutch Knowledge & Innovation Agenda (KIA).
- National and international brokerage.
- Collaboration and aligment with other Suschem National Technology Platforms .
SusChemNL core team
The core team of SusChemNL is formed by:
- Reinier Grimbergen (TNO/ChemistryNL): Chair
- Ties van Maaren (TNO) Secretary
- Erik Verbrugge (VNCI): Company representative
- Marijn Goes (NWO): Fundamental research representative
- Harmen Veldman (GoChem): SME representative
- John Heynen (RVO): National government representative
- Hans Bosch (RVO): National government representative
- Marius Weehuizen (ChemistryNL): International representative
- European Technology Platform Suschem
- Dutch website for Horizon Europe
- European website for Horizon Europe
- Horizon Europe Call Matrix template
- EU Innovation Fund
- EU-finance possibilities for smes -VNO-NCW and MKB-Nederland
- ChemistryNL business portal
- Funding schemes international
- Looking into the R&I future priorities 2025-2027 – Synopsis report