to accelerate innovations in innovative chemistry, biobased economy and circular economy.
Innovation is essential for the Netherlands. Do you want to contribute to the circular world of tomorrow, contribute to the energy and raw materials transition and the smart medicines of the future? This is possible as director of the new TKI Sustainable Chemistry and Circularity. Chemistry plays a key role: innovation and sustainability in chemistry has an impact on various markets (materials, raw materials, energy carriers, medicines, conversion and detection technology) and therefore in large parts of the economy The Netherlands is one of the global leaders in the field of knowledge of chemistry, chemical technology and circular materials and processes. In terms of turnover, the chemical industry in the Netherlands is the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest worldwide.
What are we looking for?
A proactive connecting leader, a result-oriented relationship manager for our partners, a team manager for expanding our organization and a driver in the professionalization of our processes. In this versatile and dynamic role, market experience, substantive expertise and management skills come together. Broad knowledge of and experience in the chemical industry and/or chemical science is a must. Experience in the fields of circular economy and biobased economy is a plus. Also essential is an inspiring vision of how technological and scientific innovations can find a way in the value chain of products and how mission challenges related to sustainable chemistry, circularity and the biobased economy can be realised.
- You are the pivot in building up and expanding the innovation agenda of the chemistry and biobased economy (BBE), aimed at groundbreaking innovations, circularity, CO2 reduction and sustainable economic innovation and growth. You lead a team of professionals who are hired on a part-time basis for the chemistry and BBE agenda.
- You ensure a solid organization around the Circular mission team Economics (CE). You lead a team of professionals who are hired on a part-time basis by the mission team CE. You make connection with relevant sectors (including chemistry, high-tech, construction, energy and agri-food) and achieve synergy benefits in implementation by increasing focus on close interaction between the Chemistry team and the CE team.
- You are ultimately responsible for setting up and developing roadmap(s) with associated valorization plan and marketing plan for each of the program components and the program as a whole.
- You build alliances and public-private partnerships with SMEs, large companies, knowledge institutions and governments based on your experience and network in the (inter)national and regional professional field.
- At regular times you report the progress to the Council of Board of the TKI, the CE mission team and the top teams involved of the top sectors Chemistry, Energy and Agri&Food. You take care of a clear positioning of the TKI and you are ultimately responsible for the communication and organizing events.
- As director of the TKI you lead a multidisciplinary TKI team of experienced and expert professionals and you are responsible for connection with ministries, with implementers and financiers such as RVO, NWO and the EU.
- Managerial position(s) in the chemical industry, manufacturing industry and/or knowledge world: technology / R&D, commercial, business management.
- Developing and inspiring motivation of various teams to achieve productive collaboration.
- Collaboration with different types of stakeholders such as industry, government, science, SMEs and investors.
- Relevant (international) network in industry, including SMEs.
- Good understanding of relevant value chains and innovative developments in there.
- Drafting and developing roadmap(s) with associated knowledge, valorization and marketing plan.
- Drafting business cases, commercializing knowledge, experience with innovation processes and blended financing is a plus.
- You have extensive financial knowledge and experience. Experience with government incentives for research and valorisation is a plus.
- Academic work and thinking level.
- You are entrepreneurial by nature, environmentally sensitive and an effective connecting networker.
- You aim for concrete results in collaborations and you can diplomatically intervene.
- You invest in team development and a pleasant working atmosphere and you have a drive to help others grow.
- You can deal with innovation and technology development on different maturity levels and with valorisation of products, hereby with due regard for the applicable commercial interests of different types of stakeholders.
- You have a good feeling for complex (administrative) processes with a public-private character.
What can TKI Sustainable Chemistry and Circularity offer you?
Challenging and varied work with serious impact for the Dutch economy and society. In addition to a competitive salary, you will work in an extremely professional, innovative working environment. With people who are daring for you; who can inspire you and want to learn from you. For this appointment, an agreement is entered into with the TKI (possibly in the form of secondment or self-employed, 0.8 – 1.0 fte.). We take into account the wishes of the successful candidate.
What does the process look like:
You can respond until October 17, 2022. We aim to complete the procedure within six weeks. A reference check is part of the selection procedure.
Did this vacancy stir something in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your response (letter of motivation and CV)! Apply now!
Mark Schmets, Directorate top sectors and industrial policy – Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
firstname.lastname@example.org / t. 06 29 63 60 53