Fighting climate change and making Europe climate-neutral by 2050 is one of the main priorities of the European Commission. In support of this priority, the Commission is reinforcing Green Deal-related research and innovation with a dedicated call for proposals under the current research and innovation programme – Horizon 2020.
In September 2020 the call will open. Even though the exact scoping is still under public consultation it is expected that the prepublished scopes will not change too much anymore, as are the TRL levels aimed for (mainly 4-8).
All information on the upcoming Green Deal call is published here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/strategy/european-green-deal/call_en
Find links to the relevant call areas. For ChemistryNL the most relevant areas are deemed to be:
- Call area 3: Industry for a clean and circular economy
Participate in developing Green Deal call area 3. Stakeholders and the public are invited to help shape this call area by 3 June 2020.
- Call area 8: Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
And additionally contributions may be relevant in these areas as well:
- Call area 2: Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Call area 4: Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Call area 5: Sustainable and smart mobility
- Call area 9: Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
More information about international funding schemes
More information about all funding schemes
Photo: Vivienne Nieuwenhuizen