Companies and consortia that are or are going to use innovative low-carbon technologies will soon be able to apply for financing via the Innovation Fund (TRL high).
Projects can be submitted by companies, alone or in a consortium. It is important that an ETS-obliged company participates in the project. The Innovation Fund distinguishes between large and small projects. The first call will focus on large projects, where the criterion ‘business maturity’ is important.
The projects that Innovation Fund supports include:
- Low-carbon technologies and processes in the energy-intensive industry
- Products that replace carbon-intensive products
- CCU, carbon capture and utilization
- CCS, carbon capture and storage
- Sustainable energy generation
- Energy storage