Mathematics provides a surprising amount of techniques to solve challenges in chemistry. Does your company have such challenges but no time to look into them? Or would you like to strengthen your contacts in the academic world? Would you like to meet mathematicians whom you could offer a job? Then submit your problem description to the Study Group Mathematics with Industry (SWI 2022)!
A group of 5-10 mathematicians will analyze your problem for a whole week and present a solution on Friday. Here is a sample of the problems and solutions of more than 60 companies in 19 earlier editions:
- How do we calculate the maximum bullet speed a bullet-proof vest can withstand? (Teijin)
- Can mathematical models predict properties of molecule mixtures? (Albemarle)
- How many gas-absorbing droplets in packaging material prevents food from going bad? (DSM)
- How do we correctly model fluids in transport pipelines? (Shell)
- How can production errors in steel strips be detected automatically? (Tata Steel)
SWI 2022 will take place at the University of Twente from 24 January to 28 January 2022.